I’m excited to announce that I’m again running a Back To School Blitz.
It’s a 5-day challenge designed to help get you ready for a really productive fall and fully prepared for the new school year.
So in this podcast, I talk all about the Back To School Blitz.
Why Run A Back To School Blitz?
For me, the start of the school year signifies the start of my 12-month year. I discussed this in podcast 134 where I explained that I have 3 different "mini new years" in my year.
It starts in September... the beginning of the school year, then January... the beginning of the calendar year, and finally June... the beginning of summer.
Each has a different set of possibilities, but September has the most possibilities for me. It's when I set the BIG goals for my year ahead.
In my opinion, it doesn’t matter if you’re not going to school, the beginning of the school year is when we should all get everything in order and set our goals for success.
Productivity starts with being prepared.
There are plenty of little things that we could do now to set ourselves up for a productive school year.
So, my 5-day Back To School Blitz is designed to help set everyone up for a productive school year... whether you go to school or not!
I’m more excited about doing it for myself than for my kids.
What Is The Back To School Blitz?
It’s a 5-day challenge that you need to sign-up for here.
When you sign up, you will receive an email with the printables to follow along with me each day on Facebook Live at 10 AM EST.
You should print a copy for everyone in your house who is taking part in the blitz. For example, I’ll print off three... one for me and one for each of my two children. Since my kids are teenagers, I’ll try and convince them to do the checklist themselves.
Don’t worry, the checklists are not lists of things to buy. In fact, my Back To School Blitz does not involve buying anything at all!
Instead, it’s all about decluttering, culling, and making inventories of what we have in our house so that in August we can go ahead and buy exactly what we need. This will stop you from over or under buying things.
So here’s what it involves:
- Monday: Clothing – Going through your closet and figuring out what you need, what needs altered, etc.
- Tuesday: Set up a command center – A back to school Sunday Basket® that you will set up next week and continue to use thereafter. It will help you take note of the various things that need to be done before going back to school (i.e., supply lists, school uniform, car pool arrangements, etc.).
- Wednesday: Supplies – A supply list for your home or your home-based business. It’s the best time of the year to stock up on things like pens, binders, highlighters, etc.
- Thursday: Personal grooming – Look at what you have and what you need. Schedule manicures, haircuts, other treatments, etc.
- Friday: What does it take to get this family out the door? – Backpacks, lunches, purses, car, etc.
Since the printable is delivered by email, you need to sign up.
In addition, every day I will go live on Facebook at 10:00am EST to provide support and share additional tips and advice.
Together, we are going to get our kids and ourselves ready for a really productive fall and new school year. Are you with me?